Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mi Cafe Arena

This is one of my favorite places to visit when I am in Escazu. It's a lovely little restaurant located very near our partner DentaVac and many of our partner hotels. It's also a lovely little restaurant with amazing homestyle food served with authentic Costa Rican spirit. And they now have a website besides their Facebook account!


http://www.micafearena.com/

It's not a very big cafe, and their internet presence isn't the fanciest, but you go there for the quality, not the advertising. They are more of a "mom and pop" type of business, like a huge number you'll find in Costa Rica, and you'll be very happy when you go there,

To share a story of mine, before I went to Costa Rica for the first time I read extensively in various travel books, and once I even read one published just a few months before my trip. They recommended this one restaurant for amazing food and authentic fun atmosphere. It was awful. I don't know why the book recommended them. Perhaps the restaurant owners found out the reviewer was coming, and staged impressive festivities. Maybe he was paid somehow, I don't know.

In any case, I've learned to trust those travel books only but so far. This wasn't the only time they led me astray. In this day and age, you can e-mail and speak to someone with personal experience and then compare to what others have also told you. At DentaRica, we pride ourselves on personal experience and our advice is part of our service. But my advice is also free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment