Saturday, February 9, 2013

Why not all medical and dental tourism is the same

Other countires have medical tourism, but I think Costa Rica offers the very best. I eliminated out all the other options for my medical tourism company that most other medical tourism facilitators offer, such as India, Indonesia or Mexico. Cheaper is not always better, and travel to some places is downright hazardous for Americans. I always feel safe in Costa Rica, and the doctors I partner with are very warm and friendly.   In quality of healthcare, they're rated as high as the U.S., sometimes higher. You see, Costa Rica is much different than other Latin American countries. They disbanded their military, and took all that money and put it into national healthcare. That's why their costs are so low. Some countries have low cost, because they have low quality, but not in Costa Rica. Even Rush Limbaugh praised Costa Rica medical care on his radio show:  http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2010/0311/Why-Rush-Limbaugh-would-go-to-Costa-Rica-if-Obama-s-healthcare-plan-passes/(page)2

If you travel abroad for healthcare, please make sure you use a facilitator that is competent and interested in the outcome for your elected procedure or treatment, and who is well acquainted with travel in that country and in the area of your hospital or clinic. Using a company located in the USA gives you peace of mind if those agents travel frequently with customers. I strive for customer satisfaction, and take a personal interest in each patient.  I spend up to 50% of my time assisting patients in Costa Rica, and the remainder of my time here with staff assisting customers. I don't always recommend the cheapest doctor or clinic, if I know the outcome may not be as good for you.  I use the hotels that can best accommodate you within your budget, taking into account travel time to the hospital or clinic, convenience and safety for you. And the food... I love to tell people about my favorite places to eat, usually a Tico mom and pop cafe nestled away out of the mainstream.  Everything about medical and dental travel is out of the mainstream,  thinking outside of the box, and it isn't for everyone, but if you choose DentaRica Travel  to meet your needs, your experience should be a positive one.  I can be contacted at kathy@dentarica.com



No comments:

Post a Comment